Intention: Critical Creativity in the Classroom provides a catalog of field-tested, student-centered activities, lessons and experiences ready for integration into any classroom. Each item in the catalog features a pathway for facilitating the thinking and making, an inventory of critical thinking skills developed during the experience, multiple suggestions for content area integration, and ideas for further enrichment and exploration.
Turn the pages with an open mind and nagging curiosity; close the cover with a concrete plan and collection of strategies for integrating innovative imagination into your daily classroom practice.
- Explore a catalog of over 40 classroom-ready exercises, lessons and experiences tailored to middle and high school, easily adapted to elementary and higher education
- Discover over 80 ideas for integrating critical creativity into math and science, physical education and health,world languages and social studies, English language arts and more.
- Tap into an increasingly diverse creativity toolbox, ranging from LEGO bricks and Oreo cookies to programmable robots and mobile apps
- Uncover strategies and tools for students to explain their intentions and go from "cool idea" to authentic understanding
- Learn how critical creativity can be used for both formative and summative assessments and be put to work in both traditional and standards-based learning environments
- Connect to an international network of educators and creators harnessing the power of intention and serious fun